The IMPACT! Scholarship Program
FIDF Scholarship Program for Former IDF Combat Soldiers
The IMPACT! Program grants scholarships to IDF combat soldiers who have completed their military service and wish to begin their studies, but cannot afford the expense of higher education.The IMPACT! scholarship, in the amount of $4,000 for each year of studies, covers the cost of tuition and other expenses and is given for the full duration of B.A. studies (up to four years).Every recipient is directly sponsored by a donor who accompanies the student throughout the course of his/her studies. The student receives not only monetary support, but also encouragement and inspiration from his/her donor.
The recipients of the IMPACT! scholarship are selected by a public voluntary Board of Directors, according to the following criteria:
- Combat and combat-support soldiers (up to the rank of lieutenant) who have completed a full and proper military service within four years before the beginning of their studies.
- Coming from low-income families and/or a disadvantaged socio-economic background.
- Seeking undergraduate studies in universities or colleges, or studies toward a diploma in academic institutions, accredited by the Council for Higher Education in Israel.
- Beginning his/ her first year of studies.
* Records of academic excellence or academic potential are not a criterion for receiving the scholarship.*
The scholarship does not discriminate between academic institutions or different types of degrees.
During the course of their studies, each recipient completes 130 hours of voluntary community service each year and keeps in touch with the donor sponsoring their scholarship (through at least two letters a year).
For this academic year of 2010-2011:
The supporters of the IMPACT! Program are sponsoring 3,000 students. Since the establishment of the program, IMPACT! has granted nearly 220,000,000 NIS in scholarships to about 5,000 combat veterans. This includes about 2,000 graduates who have successfully completed their studies and have entered the Israeli workforce.
For more info, please visit the FIDF Impact! website:
Watch the IMPACT! Video
Friends of the IDF – IMPACT! from FIDF on Vimeo.