International Phone Calls

(in conjunction with Soldier’s Welfare Association and the Jewish Agency)

A lone soldier who immigrated to Israel after the age of 16 and whose parents live abroad is entitled to get a calling card giving him or her 60 minutes per month to any destination abroad. Minutes do not roll over from month to month, and there is no way to retroactively take advantage of this benefit. The amount of minutes may change based on budgetary constraints. In order to obtain the calling card, the lone soldier must make a request through his or her Mashakit Tash (Support Service Non Commissioned Officer).

Airmail Booklets

While a lone soldier is in basic training, he is entitled to get 10 air mail envelopes to correspond with his family abroad. These envelopes can be obtained from the Mashakit Tash (support staff) on the training base.

Living Expenses

A lone soldier home on sick leave for three days or more is entitled to get living expenses for these days, beginning from the first day. Lone soldiers should get in touch with their Mashakit Tash (Support Service Non Commissioned Officer) in order to receive this benefit and discuss details.

Holiday Coupons

(in conjunction with the Soldier’s Welfare Association)

Lone soldiers are entitled to receive two holiday coupons of 200 NIS per year, one before Rosh Hashana and the other before Passover. These gifts can be redeemed at around 50 different chains around Israel, and they can be used to purchase a variety of products like food, clothing, housing utensils, etc.\

Additionally, every Chanukah, lone soldiers serving in operational statuses A+ and A receive 1,000 NIS to H&O (a clothing store) and all other operational statuses receive 400 NIS.

Funding Flights to Visit Parents

(in conjunction with the Soldier’s Welfare Association)

Lone soldiers are entitled to one free flight (including taxes and insurance) during their service to visit their families abroad, paid for by the Soldier’s Welfare Association. Before ordering airline tickets, you must obtain the approval of your unit for your leave. Lone soldiers must pay for the costs of passports and all necessary visas.

Soldiers serving in Operations Level A+ are entitled after 8 months of service. Soldiers serving in Operations Level A are entitled after a year of service. Other soldiers are entitled after one half of their service.

Holiday Arrangements

Lone Soldiers may request to have home hospitality with families for the holidays.